HE IS THE HEALER
Oops! We could not locate your form.
He is the Healer
Brokenness is way beyond just having a bad day or going through a tough season. Rest assured that God is there for those times as well, but we’re talking about a life-changing, soul-wrenching tragedy in which every other trial, every other heartbreak you’ve faced suddenly pales in comparison. Brokenness can be caused by any number of things, and each person’s story is unique.
Although the cause of brokenness varies, the symptoms are similar, and the solution is always the same. We must cling to the fact that Jesus came to heal our broken heart. He didn’t just come to cheer us up on a sad day. He came so that He could show us power and healing when our hearts are in little pieces and scattered all over the place.
Solomon, the king who sought wisdom, recognized the utter devastation of a broken heart. He wrote in Proverbs 18:14, “The spirit of a man will sustain him in sickness, but who can bear a broken spirit?” Your spirit can pull you out of a bad day, but what about when your spirit is scattered? What happens when your heart is obliterated? Solomon asked, “Can anyone bear that?”
Read Proverbs 18:14.
- Share a time when your spirit was broken, your life felt scattered?
- Was Jesus part of the solution? How did he help put the pieces back together?’
Jesus Came to Heal the Brokenhearted
This is good news: Jesus came to heal the brokenhearted! This isn’t just a nice greeting card sentiment. It’s not sentimental—it’s supernatural. Through the prophet Ezekiel, God penned these words about Himself: “I will seek what was lost and bring back what was driven away, bind up the broken and strengthen what was sick” (34:16). The solution for brokenness is not a program—it’s a Person, and His name is Jesus Christ. He is the solution to humanity’s brokenness. Jesus binds up broken hearts and causes them to be strong again, to live and pump vitality into our lives.
Read John 11:35.
- How does Jesus show us His character, love and nearness?
Read Psalm 147:3.
- What is the Truth about brokenness?
God is waiting for you. He’s waiting to start the healing process. He’s waiting for you with comfort and truth in the Person of the Holy Spirit. He has given us the Comforter who guides us in His truth. If you feel disconnected from God’s comfort and truth, the Holy Spirit may be the missing link for you.
Read Psalm 34:18.
- What does the Truth tell us?
Read Ephesians 3:20.
- What is God able to do? If you feel you’ll never recover from your brokenness, remember that God is able to do more than you can imagine. Do you believe this?
- Do you know that God wants to do something incredible in your life? You just need to let Him.
- »The Invitation, December 26-30, 2011
- »One More Thing . . ., December 19-23, 2011
- »He is the Healer
- »I’ve Got It Under Control
- »Parenting is a Verb—Choosing to be a Great Parent
- »Being a Great Mate
- »Lifelong Partners: Choosing Wisely
- »Locking Arms
- »Putting in the Hard Work
- Oldest First
- Newest First
- Most Popular
We’re sorry! This conversation is closed. You can join in on the latest conversation here.