Organized in 1998, the purpose of City Mission is to meet the educational, physical and spiritual needs of the children and families in the Brightmoor community through loving mentoring relationships and outreach programs. They have multiple areas available to serve, click the learn more button for more information.
What you'll be doing?
- The Tutoring Center: Targets children from elementary school age to high school. It is their goal to help each child develop academically, giving them the opportunity to graduate and achieve their career goals. Programs are offered throughout the week including one-on-one tutoring homework, computer, phonics/reading and Bible.
- Mentoring Ministry: Hopes to provide the youth of Brightmoor with a “trusted guide or coach.” Adult mentors commit to weekly meetings with two or three teens.
- Clothes Closet: Partners with individuals & retailers and is open to the community the 2nd Sat. of each month.
- Summer Programs: Includes backyard educational programs, sports clinics and Vacation Bible School.
- Household Support: Provides families in the community with furniture, appliances and emergency food.
- Work Days: We are scheduled for the 4th Saturday of each month to help renovate several properties owned and operated by City Mission. Hours of work are 9a to 4p. Work dates are listed below.
- Saturday, January 26, 2013
- Saturday, February 23, 2013
- Saturday, March 23, 2013
- City Mission Food Baskets (Go to City Mission and help put together food baskets for the people in their community. If interested in helping please contact City Mission directly at 313-541-3531 and ask for Nicole.) Christmas Baskets: Saturday, December 22, 2012
For further questions, please click the appropriate link below.