The number of minutes in every day that a human trafficking victim is enslaved, and the same number of minutes we are free. What will you do with yours?
Join Love Runs and become part of the movement to end human trafficking in Metro Detroit. We'll train for the Detroit Free Press Marathon 5K, Half-Marathon, and Full Marathon on October 20-21. All funds raised stay local to Metro Detroit and will go directly to anti-trafficking initiatives that help in the awareness, prevention, rescue, and restoration of trafficking victims in our local area.
How to Officially Join the Team...
|Step 1: Create Your Fundraiser|
|Sign up for the Love Runs team and create your fundraising page: CrowdRise.com/LoveRunsDET2018|
• Click "Log In" if you have an existing CrowdRise account or complete the existing fields and click "Sign Up" to create a new user account.
• Click the orange "Join the Team" button.
• Use the "My Dashboard" feature in the upper right drop down panel to access the ability to edit your page and utilize the social messaging tools to share your fundraiser with friends and family.
• Personalize your page by adding photos, a video and story best about you’re passionate about the cause.
• Donate to your fundraiser and start emailing everyone you know and ask them to donate. Remember to include the exact link to your page.
|Step 2: Choose Your Race (5K, Relay, International Half, Full Marathon)|
|Sign up and register at the Detroit Marathon’s official site: FreepMarathon.com/Register|
• Click on "Click Here to Register"
• On the pop out (International Waiver), click “I Accept”
• Select your race and complete registration
• It will ask you to Select a charity to fundraise for. Choose ‘Love Runs’ from the dropdown menu.
• *Note, you do not need your passport or EDL number for this. You WILL need to present your passport or EDL at packet pick-up.
• The next page is the Event Merchandise page. Skip it and click the orange Continue tab.
• Click Checkout and submit your order.
• Now take a deep breath. You did it!
|Step 3: Get Connected|
|*NorthRidge RidgeRunners Facebook Page|
*Love Runs Facebook Page
|Step 4: Get Your Training On|
Download a copy of the Official Training Plan
Questions? Contact us.